Wow, I am having so much fun at True Scrap 6! I wanted to answer some of the questions that I didn’t get a chance to answer during and after my class, so I thought I would just post them right here on my blog:
I saw on Facebook that you recorded a couple extra videos for True Scrap participants. Where will those be available?
- The videos are available on the Replay page
There were lots of questions about pens.
- I use Staedtler Lumocolor pens on any slick surfaces including wash tape (which sometimes is and sometimes isn’t slick, but I use this pen all the time on wash, just in case.
- I have a few videos on my favourite pens and markers for outlining:
- Markers 101 (from 2011)
- Markers (from 2012)
What type of ink do you use on vellum?
- To journal or outline on vellum I use my Lumocolor marker mentioned above. For mists, I have used Mister Hueys from Studio Calico, and Heidi Swapp Color Shine. They take a long time to dry but they will eventually and the ink does stay put once it’s dry.
It looks like Tracy F. asked me a question about vellum, but I can’t see what it was.
- Tracy, you can PM me on Facebook and I’d be happy to answer your question!
The long-arm on the tripod that you use to shoot your videos, what is it called?
- This is the tripod I have but you may be able to find a less expensive one (my husband is a photographer so I have access to higher-end equipment than I need)
- Here is a video about my tripod and video set-up.
Could you use parchment paper or wax to use the washi tape hearts?
- This is a great idea!!! Anyone who follows my videos knows I have waxed paper right next to me in my scrap room, so I am all over this idea! Thanks for sharing it with us all!
Have you used the Elizabeth crafts outline stickers?
- No I haven’t but I just googled them, and they look like fun!