Well, it’s official- I have my own domain name now! You can now reach my blog and soon, my new course, by heading to mercytiara.com (my blogspot address will still work too)!
I am very excited to be working on my first full scrapbooking course, Scrapping Through a Loss, which will be the first in a series of interactive self-help scrapbooking courses called Scrap Through It. For some time now, I’ve been wanting to combine my professional skills as a Clinical Psychologist, and my passion for scrapbooking! This series brings therapeutic self-help exercises together with art therapy techniques, and the love of paper crafting! These courses will be heavy in journalling activities, scrapbooking prompts and ideas, examples, and therapeutic exercises. Each course will include
- An eBook with information, instructions, worksheets, and examples of projects, with chapters released each week of the course
- Instructional and process videos each week
- Access to an online forum so you can share your work and support and get support from other students taking the class. Each week there will be discussion topics relevant to the information covered in that week’s class, as well as general discussion threads.
- Some courses may include relevant Silhouette cut files or printables
- The courses will be jam packed with information to help with a variety of challenges within the overall topic of the course. This means you can individualize your experience with the course, skipping the parts that are not relevant to you at this time, and coming back to those parts (if you like) later.
- Forever access to the course content. You will be able to download the ebook chapter by chapter each week, and the videos will remain on YouTube (via a private link) forever.
- Scrapping Through a Creative Slump (mini course)
- Scrapping Through a Break Up
- Scrapping Through an Empty Nest
- Scrapping Through an Illness
- Scrapping Through a Transition (moves, changes in jobs, weight loss/lifestyle changes)
I used The Best Day of my Life kit from Scraptastic for this layout, which is a different one for me. I used a circle design, something I kind of worked out as I went, as you will see in the process video below.
I used the negative cuts from the Circles Frame Collage cut from the previous layout I made (see my YT channel for that one- entitled Shootin Some B-Ball). Sewing circles on paper is still really hard for me, but I gave it my best shot, and I do think I’m improving…
For the title I used a combination of the “explore” die cut from the kit and some letter stickers in my stash. I quite like how this one turned out. Another one that doesn’t take up much of your supplies, so a good end-of-the-month kind of layout to use up some of the last bits from a kit.
Thanks so much for stopping by!