Although I was planning to do a super-layered layout for this picture, when I sat down, the supplies just did this instead 🙂
I try to add some interest when I do a blocking style layout, so I made the red paper strip fall a little short of the width of the other blocks and added in some enamel dots. I really like how this looks.
I put some torn washi tape on the top and bottom of the blocks just to soften the harsh edges a bit. Carrying a few elements (stitching, washi, the tip of a tag) outside the borders also helps make it look more interesting and casual (in my opinion). This one came together really quickly (a bit more than an hour, which is fast for me), and I really like how it turned out.